Skip to main content
Lucibello boat tours FAQ
- What itinerary do you suggest for a tour of the Amalfi Coast?
- We suggest a full-day tour departing from Positano in the morning, and sailing along the coast past Praiano, the Furore Fjord, the Emerald Grotto (optional stop to visit for €5/person), Conca dei Marini, the Albergo Saraceno, Atrani, the Marmorata Falls, Minori, Maiori, Pandora's Grotto, and a stop at Amalfi. Along the way, we can stop wherever you would like to swim and to have lunch at a traditional waterfront restaurant.
- I'm in Positano and would like to take a day trip to Capri. Is the ferry better, or a boat tour?
- During the summer months, the heat and crowds make visiting Capri by land less pleasant. A boat tour lets you appreciate all the beauty of the island while avoiding the crush of tourists. By booking a full-day tour, you can also take time to disembark and take a stroll through Capri town, visiting the Piazzetta and the picturesque lanes in the center.
- Do I need to book in advance?
- Yes, you need to book in advance as there is always high demand for tours.
- If the weather is inclement, can I cancel my booking without having to pay a penalty?
- Yes, in case of rain or bad weather, the booking can be changed or cancelled without a penalty.
- How long does it take to get from Positano to Capri by boat?
- Around 30 minutes with a medium sized boat.
- Can I visit the Li Galli Islets off Positano?
- No, those islands are private. We can stop offshore to take a swim, however.
- What type of tour can I book?
- Our tours are either full-day or half-day (four hours). Full-day tours are from 9.30 am to 5 pm (you can depart and return anytime within that time period). Half-day tours depart either in the morning from 9 am to 1 pm or in the afternoon from 2 pm to 6 pm. We also offer romantic sunset tours with an aperitivo on board. Tours go to Capri or Amalfi (sailing along the Amalfi Coast), or we can create a custom itinerary.
- How long does a tour last?
- It depends on the tour chosen, generally 4 or 8 hours. One-day tours usually start in the morning around 10 am, while half-day tours start in the morning or afternoon. There are also other sunset or evening tours.
- Where do tours start and end?
- If you’re departing from Positano you can find us at the Spiaggia Grande, under the large white gazebo, right in front of the steps that lead from the town center to the sea. If you’re instead departing from a different location, you will find all the details in the booking confirmation. We can pick you up in almost all the locations on the Amalfi Coast and Sorrento, the Gulf of Naples and the islands in the area. Contact us directly for all details.
- What are the extra costs that are not included in the price?
- Generally these are not included: the cost of moorings, lunch, land car transfers, entrance fees to monuments and attractions. You can find all the details on our tour descriptions or contact us directly.